The Dean of St Patrick’s Cathedral, Dr William Morton announced that two more canons have been elected to the Chapter of the National Cathedral of St Patrick, Dublin. The new canons are the Dean of Clogher, the Very Rev. Kenny Hall, and the Rector of Stillorgan, the Rev. Ian Gallagher.
Dr Morton said,
“I am delighted to welcome to the Chapter our two new members and I look forward to working with them in the future.”
Dr Morton explained at the meeting of the cathedral’s chapter that the two new canons join recently appointed, or elected, colleagues all of whom will be installed when Covid-19 restrictions are lifted and in-person worship with the choir and congregation is possible.
Those to be installed are:
- The Very Rev. Roderick Smyth, Dean of Killaloe, to be Prebendary of Taney;
- The Rev. Malcolm Kingston, Rector of St Mark’s Armagh, to be Prebendary of Yagoe;
- The Rev. Aonghus Mayes, Rector of Moy, to be Prebendary of Newcastle;
- The Rev. Katharaine Poulton, Rector of Julianstown, to be Prebendary of Swords;
- The Very Rev. Kenny Hall, Dean of Clogher and Rector of Enniskillen, to be Prebendary of Tassagard; and
- The Rev. Ian Gallagher, Rector of Stillorgan, Dublin, to be Prebendary of Tipperkevin.